There are billions of sites on the internet, but only ten appear on the first page of search engines. Have you ever noticed that?
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a way of improving the promotion of your site, in order to increase the number of visitors. It consists of various aspects, starting with the words you use on your site to the links that lead to you. In short, SEO is a way of placing your site so that browsers can understand it correctly. This will help you achieve your goal on line what ever you are offering.
However, SEO doesn’t only refer to browsers. The main purpose is for the site to be fitted for people, who are your potential clients. Internet users are surfing the web on a daily basis. Large number of visitors most often gets to your site by browsing. When you enter certain word or group of words into a search engine, you get certain results. But, there are billions of them. What makes your site stand out above others? How do you get to Google’s first page?
Most people think that these results are random, however that is not true. Internet sites that show up as results on higher positions are most likely optimized. Search Engine Optimization is a tool that gets your site to a high ranking position in search engines when potential clients enter key words which refer to your business. No matter what your business is, coming up on that first page of the search engine is very important.
Why is site optimization important?
- Visibility: Statistics show that most people won’t scroll past the first page of their search results. This means that if your site is not on that first page, it is possible that almost nobody will see it. And what is the purpose of the site if no one gets to visit it?
- Brand Strengthening: If your site is at the top of the list (not necessarily in the first position), you leave your potential client with the impression of a serious company that takes care of its appearance on the market
- Income increase: Optimization gets more real visitors. More real visitors bring more opportunities for sale. More sales mean more profit! These are just some of the results of site optimization.
Here are four basic SEO tools that every business owner needs to have.
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider Tool is an application that lists all the information from a site (such as images, CSS, links, etc.) from SEO perspective, giving you an insight of what a web crawler sees when it crawls a website.
- Buzzstream is a web based tool that finds and displays important features of a pinned website.
- SEO Browser allows you to perceive how search engines see your website, and checks compatibility with those search engines and internet browsers.
- 4. Avatar gives you statistical analysis of visitors, and helps attract more audience that is interested in your business.